Please note: Due to the Coronavirus, York College campus is closed. Therefore, we regrettably suspend print book ILL service until further notice. Electronic journal article requests are acceptable.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) via ILLiad is offered to York College faculty, staff, and currently-enrolled students.
Items that may NOT be requested via ILL
- Textbooks - because they are generally in high demand at their home institutions, requests for textbooks will not be processed.
- Reference books.
- Media (DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, videotapes, etc).
- Books owned by CUNY - request them through CLICS.
- Articles available from York College's electronic resources.
To Request Books:
- Check OneSearch to see if the book is in the CUNY library system. If the book is owned by another CUNY library, request via CLICS
- If the book is not owned by a CUNY library, request via ILLiad
- If all CUNY book copies are checked out, on reserve, or unavailable, request via ILLiad
To Request Articles:
- Use ILLiad to request copies of articles you cannot access through York's full-text databases, print journals, or microfilm collection.
- When searching a database, click on the button for online, print, and ILL options
- Do not request an ILL if a journal (vol. & year) is available at York. Check the E-Journals by title or subject link on the library home page to make sure that the journal you need is not in any of our full-text databases. Check OneSearch or the black binders to see if we have it in print or on microfilm.